to deliver excellent youth work in our community
Through the core values of equality, respect, inclusiveness, valuing difference, empowerment, education and participation, contact with youth workers will enable young people to explore the interaction between themselves, their peers and society.
We will deliver a service for and with young people which will engage with young people and actively involve them in decision making processes.
Activities will be provided which will give young people the opportunity to test ideas in order to enable them to develop the knowledge, skills and values to enjoy the rights and responsibilities or adult citizenship.
We will deliver this within a framework of equal opportunities and a safe, dynamic, creative and innovative environment.
We will be committed to working with voluntary and statutory partners from the community.
Our Objectives for Youth Work
- To inform and advise young people.
To foster initiative and the sense of responsibility among the youth.
- To involve youth in the development of youth programmes and ideas.
- To enhance healthy growth and development of young people.
- To promote literary, sports, cultural, recreational and social activities.
- To provide opportunities to young people to make good use of leisure time.
- To offer Counselling Services to the youth so that they can better understand their problems and find necessary solutions.
- To promote moral and spiritual values to create a better understanding of diverse communities.
- To develop hidden talents and potentials among the youth.